- Press Home on your Roku remote.
- Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
- Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK on your remote. …
- Select Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.
How to add and remove Roku channels
How to remove channels from Roku channel lineup
1. From the Home screen, find the channel you want to remove and press the star button (*) on your remote to open the channel details.
2. Select Remove channel from the list of options and press OK on the remote.
3. Confirm your choice to remove the channel by selecting Remove and pressing OK.
How to remove channels from the Roku Channel Store
1. Go to your Rokus homepage and select Streaming Channels in the left sidebar.
2. Find the channel that you want to remove, either by searching for it or selecting it from one of the preset lists.
3. On the channels information page, select Remove channel, then confirm.
Quick tip: Installed channels are indicated by a small checkmark in the lower-right corner of a channel tile.
How to Delete a Channel from the Roku Channel Menu
If you want a channel to stop appearing on your Roku channel list, you can remove it. You can delete channels in two ways – from your channel menu or using the Roku Channel Store.
In order to delete a channel from the Roku Channel Menu, you should:
This removes the channel from your channel list and nobody else will be able to access it from your account. Even if you opt for permanent removal, you can add the channel back at any time using your account and a 4-digit PIN.
If you want to remove a channel directly from the store, you should:
If you have the Roku phone app, you can remove Roku channels while you’re away from home. This is a great option if you need to urgently prevent someone from watching certain channels. Simply follow these steps:
The channel will now disappear from both the list on the app and your Roku account.
You may be surprised to know that the Roku app also has a remote that you can use to remove channels from another room. This will only work if your phone and your Roku device are on the same wifi network.
Roku offers a private channels option. This lets you watch channels that are not on your official channel list. You can only access them by using a code.
To install Roku’s private channels, you should:
Normally, the channel appears after a regular update – that is, within a day after you added it. If you want to see the channel on the list immediately, you should:
This will update your system and the channel will appear. If you want to hide this channel, you can just remove it from your Roku and repeat this process again.
You can easily find various Roku private channel codes online with your search engine.
How do I fix my audio not working when I change between Roku channels?
As some users have experienced, not having audio work properly when you switch between Roku channels is annoying. The easiest way to fix this is to restart the Roku device.
1. Go to Settings > System > System restart and restart it.
Once you decide to delete a paid channel, make sure to see what the state of your subscription is. All the channels renew their subscriptions automatically. This means that there is a chance that the app will charge you a service in spite of you removing the channel from your account.
Once you do this, removing a channel from Roku is easy to do. Just pick a method and get rid of anything you don’t enjoy anymore.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.