- Log in to your Tumblr account and select ‘Settings’ from the dashboard menu.
- Select the blog you wish to delete.
- Click ‘Delete Blog’ at the bottom of the screen.
How to delete a blog on Tumblr®
How to Delete a Tumblr Blog That Is Attached to Another
If you have two Tumblr blogs attached to a single account, then you can delete one and keep the other. When you delete one Tumblr site you wont lose content from the other blog. This is helpful when you want to entirely remove one blog you no longer use and have retired long ago.
John Mitchell is an expert in all things technology, including social media and smart phones. He is a news ninja for Qwiki, bringing the latest news on the interactive platform. Mitchell graduated from the University of Sedona with a masters degree in pastoral counseling psychology and authored the book, “No More Taxes.”
How to delete your Tumblr account
Theres no turning back once youve deleted your account. When its gone, all of your posts, likes, and blogs are gone. So proceed with caution!
1. Open Tumblr and log in, and then head to your dashboard.
2. Click the icon in the top-right corner that looks like a persons head and shoulders.
3. Select “Edit appearance” from the drop-down menu, underneath your blogs name. If you have multiple Tumblr blogs, you can click “Edit appearance” underneath any blog.
4. Your “Blog Settings” page will open. If you have multiple Tumblr blogs, check the right side of the page, underneath “Blogs” — make sure the selected blog has a star next to it. If it doesnt, click the one that does have a star. This means its your “Primary.”
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit “Delete account.”
6. Enter your email and password and hit “Delete everything.”
Youll receive an email soon saying that your account has been deleted.
How to delete a specific Tumblr blog
If you have more than one Tumblr blog, you can delete one or more of those blogs, instead of your whole account.
1. Log into Tumblr and click the head-and-shoulders icon in the top-right corner of your dashboard.
2. Underneath the non-Primary blog you want to delete, click “Edit appearance.” If you dont see any options underneath the blogs name, hover your mouse over it and click the head-and-shoulders icon that appears next to the name.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Delete [your blogs name].” If it says “Delete everything” instead, it means that youre currently on your Primary blog — you cant delete your Primary blog without deleting your entire account.
4. On the page that appears, enter your email and password, and then click the red “Delete” button.
The blog will be deleted, and its URL will be “released,” meaning that any user can now take it for their own blog.