- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings General Account and device preferences. Clear device search history.
Delete Search History on Google Play Store
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
2. Tap the Menu button in the upper left corner.
3. In the sidebar list, near the bottom, tap the Settings button.
4. Under “General,” tap “Clear local search history.” There is no confirmation screen; when you tap this, your search history will be cleared.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
How to Delete Google Play Search History in Android
Next, under Settings, scroll down and tap on the “Clear Local Search History” option under General section. Note that you won’t get a special icon or notification that pops up. It just clears your Play Store search history from your phone.
However, this can be annoying because the Play Store starts to respond more slowly. Especially on older hardware. But you can clear out your search history which improves the responsiveness of your search experience in the Play Store. Here is a look at how to do it from your Android phone or tablet.