Open the contact you want to send a text to.
Type your message, then press the Send icon.
Quickly tap and hold the message bubble that you just sent. …
Select Send as Text Message and watch your bubble turn from blue to green.
Are you a consumer who wants to know how to send an SMS instead of an iMessage? Many of us use Apple’s iMessage system to communicate with our friends and family, but there are times when sending an SMS instead of an iMessage may be the better choice. Perhaps you have an Android user in your contact list and need to ensure they receive your message. Or, maybe you want to use SMS for a business-related communication. Whatever your reason, understanding how to use SMS instead of iMessage can be beneficial. In this blog post, we will discuss the differences between iMessage and SMS, how to switch between the two, and helpful tips on when to use each. We will also provide an overview of the best messaging apps to consider, so you can make the most out of your communication.
How to Switch Back to iMessage from Text Message on iPhone
How to send text message instead of iMessage iOS 15
iOS 15 has a variety of convenient new features that make communication simpler and more enjoyable. One of the new features is the ability to choose between sending an iMessage or a standard text message when texting someone. With this feature, it is now easier to keep in touch with friends and family, regardless of their device type. Here is how to send a standard text message instead of an iMessage on iOS 15:
1. Open the Messages app and start a new message.
2. Enter the recipient’s phone number and type your message.
3. Tap and hold the blue Send button.
4. Select the option for “Send as Text Message” from the pop-up menu.
How to change iMessage to text Message for one contact
If you want to change iMessage to a text message for one contact, you can easily do so by navigating to the contact’s information page in the Messages app. Once you’ve opened the contact’s page, tap the “i” icon in the top-right corner. From here, you will be presented with a variety of options, including the ability to change iMessage to a text message for this contact. Simply toggle the “Send as SMS” option to the “on” position and you’ll be all set. Now, whenever you send a message to that contact, it will be sent as a text message instead of an iMessage. It’s
How to send text message instead of iMessage iOS 13
With the release of iOS 13, Apple has made some changes to how you send and receive messages. When using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 13, you can now choose to send messages as regular text messages instead of using iMessage. To send a message as a text message instead of an iMessage, you must do the following:
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Select the conversation or contact you would like to message.
3. Tap the “i” icon located in the top-right corner of the conversation.
4. Select the “Send as Text Message” option located near the bottom of the menu.
5. You will have the option to switch back to i
How do I send SMS instead of iMessage on iPhone?
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Toggle Send as SMS switch to on.
How do I send SMS on iPhone?
- Tap. to send a new message, tap the top of the screen, or tap an already-sent message.
- Enter each recipient’s phone number, name, or Apple ID here. Or, tap. , then choose contacts.
- Tap the text field, type your message, then tap. to send.
Where is SMS setting on iPhone?
When iMessage isn’t available, you can configure Messages to automatically try to send messages as an SMS. Turn on Send as SMS under Messages in Settings.
Why can’t I send SMS on my iPhone?
Try to restart your iPhone or iPad. Check your network connection. You need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection to send an iMessage or MMS. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection.
How do I send SMS instead of iMessage?
- Open the contact you want to send a text to.
- Type your message, then press the Send icon.
- Tap and hold the message bubble you just sent as quickly as possible.
- Watch as you choose Send as Text Message as your bubble changes from blue to green.